Register
In order to login you must be registered. Registering takes only a few moments but gives you increased access to Members Forums. Before you register please ensure you are familiar with our terms of use and related policies. Please ensure you read any forum rules as you navigate around the board.

Lyudmila's Works

Create Your Own

Moderators: Beaj, Louison, Cariad837, Birthe, stitchcrazy

Ceejay

Re: Lyudmila's Works

Postby Ceejay » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:57 pm

Beautiful work, THU{}
@};- Jean @};-
Jackie

Postby Jackie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:20 am

Yes Lyudmila, you did it! The backstitch make the difference! Bravo Lyudmila, you did it great! >}[ ;;}( @};-
Lyudmila

Postby Lyudmila » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:50 am

Thank you all for your kind comments. I have already sorted the threads for another two projects- one Anchor's WIP kit "British Waterways", the other- 2 Christmas cards- one with 4 rabbits, the other with 4 parrots sitting in Christas socks. You must have seen that series- puppies, kittens, hamsters, Guinie pigs. Their faces are so cute!
daisy_lil2000

Postby daisy_lil2000 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:58 pm

Love your Christmas picture Lyudmila, you stitch fast, wish I did, I'm a slow poke! WH_:{
Julia
Lyudmila

Postby Lyudmila » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Julia,
you also may stitch quickly if you use my method. Forget all the hoops, frames and all other equipment. Use your hands. Sit down in a deep nice old armchair, turn on warm (3000 lumens) LED light, turn off the TV or video or whatever is distracting you. Make a whole "cross" in one go (x), dont stitch by a row of "legs"_///// (if this is the term for one half of a stitch) in one direction then a row back. And hold your needle as if you were sewing.

In Western Ukraine we stitch exactly so, and we dont call the process "embroidery", we use the word "sewing"/"stitching". You will be surprised how faster it will be and how perfect the stitches will be after some practice.

Happy stitching! @};- %%-
daisy_lil2000

Postby daisy_lil2000 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:25 pm

No tv, radio on while I'm stitching, I have the comfy arm chair and floor lamp, I use a floor frame for most of my stitching as it's easier for me as I don't have the strength in my hands like I use too, don't use hoops, don't like them, so the problem is me, I get side tracked easily. WH_:{ I have tried doing the X's one at a time but it drove me mad so I do a line across and then back again before moving on to the next line/area.

Also when my hubby is home (he travels with work) I don't get much stitching done, but when his on the road I can get more done. Gi{{
Julia
Lyudmila

Postby Lyudmila » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:47 pm

As you all know, in my household it is 100 times easier to stitch a picture than to have it photographed.

So, I am telling: I have just finished a nice Christmas ornament on a plastic canvas. The diameter is 12 cm or so and mind you, it is a second copy of the same project(the first was stitched two days ago on Aida 14 c from Zweigart). To say I am fed up is a complete understatement. Will stay off stitching at least till tomorrow. You know how it is - to stitch on plastic. Boasting over. Gi{{ Will post a photo ASAP.

Return to “Member's Galleries”