Register
In order to login you must be registered. Registering takes only a few moments but gives you increased access to Members Forums. Before you register please ensure you are familiar with our terms of use and related policies. Please ensure you read any forum rules as you navigate around the board.

What did you do with the extra hour?

Moderators: HarDra, Birthe, Beaj

stitchcrazy

What did you do with the extra hour?

Postby stitchcrazy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:50 pm

For those who live in an area that observes Daylight Saving Time and set your clocks back last night (you did remember, right), how are you using that extra time?

I'm going to find the design for my exchange ornament, get it kitted, and maybe even start it. I think I might even try a new recipe for steak marinade - mostly bourbon so I really should drag my rear to the kitchen, maybe in an hour. LOL.
Liz

A wise person does not keep a sledgehammer and a slow computer in the same room.
Dragonlair

Re: What did you do with the extra hour?

Postby Dragonlair » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:26 pm

I think some areas switch back to "standard" time earlier than done in the US.

What did I do with the extra hour? I SLEPT! It should be 10:25 now but it's only 9:25 so I'm more awake than usual and playing with the PC. Hubby is still asleep and I don't wake him up for another 35 minutes. If he sleeps too long, he won't sleep tonight.
There's no such thing as a stupid question!
Diane
Beaj

Postby Beaj » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:30 pm

We in Saskatchewan, Canada...stay the same...we do not change... but we get to figure out what time everyone else is though.. Gi{{
" A laugh is a smile that bursts"
Lyudmila

Postby Lyudmila » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:32 pm

We "switched" October 29. It took me two days all in all to "turn" my inner clock to new time(actually old time, as it is our geographical time). So I dont have that extra hour. But on the first morning I allowed myself to sleep for another hour, and on the second- I stitched for an hour before going to my daughter's to walk the dog.
Patricia

Postby Patricia » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:39 pm

I really don't notice any difference. Mind you, I was up an hour "earlier" than normal. It wasn't really earlier though, I got up at the usual time, it's just the clock was an hour earlier. Gi{{
… Pat …
Please visit my PictureTrail album and feel free to leave a comment in the guestbook.
My PictureTrail Album
mkjt

Postby mkjt » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:53 pm

Slept. Then got up and did my usual Sunday morning thing.
Read the Sunday paper and fold the clean clothes, so, hubby can put away the clothes.
Get on the computer and visit my cross stitching websites and start watching
football games.

Will, slowly get use to the time change.
Bea, we are back with you on time. THU{}
Take Care, Marsha @};- @};-
WV_Shell

Postby WV_Shell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:20 pm

I have fur babies so I was up feeding them. Got to stitch while the family slept in a little. Honestly I wish they would just pick a time. It is stressful because in the past I had a fur baby that was diabetic how do you tell your dog the time has changed and now you can't eat for an hour or you have to eat an hour early so you can get your shot. Plus Dingo was VERY SMART. I did not need a clock for breakfast or dinner time. He was a hearding dog so he kept track of a lot. My youngest worked at the jail so he lost 1 hour of pay- said hopefully you will be on the spring shift to make up the hour. Note he worked 3 on 2 off stuff plus was changed around on shifts due to being short. Thankful after 2 years he is now works for the 911 center.
Jackie

Postby Jackie » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:13 am

Here in Quebec...Canada...we did go back one hour...during the night of november 4 to 5,
this year. So, it was last week-end. Extra time, to sleep...or finishing later on cross stitch project! WH_:{
Birthe

Postby Birthe » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:35 am

Slept an extra hour - and then went to church as usual...

Return to “Chit-Chat”