What other Hobbies interest you besides Cross Stitch?

Moderators: stitchcrazy, Beaj, Louison, Birthe

Beaj

What other Hobbies interest you besides Cross Stitch?

Postby Beaj » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:45 pm

I have several interests ..but cross stitching is my Favorite.
I crochet...knit..sew, and am also a book lover and do a lot of reading.
I crochet mostly Afghans...hats & scarves, slippers and toys.
Knitting is for sweaters, socks and also hats & scarves.
Sewing...is for me quilts...and more recently I've got carried away with making 18 inch doll clothes, which I also crochet & knit.
I read everything ...so I guess that covers me for now.
Next...what do you also have interests in? (*)
" A laugh is a smile that bursts"
Dragonlair

Re: What other Hobbies interest you besides Cross Stitch?

Postby Dragonlair » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:18 am

From the time I was a child, I have loved to try different crafts. Some never really struck a cord with me and others did. My parents gave me some new craft kit for Christmas every year. Even if I didn't care for the craft, I enjoyed trying it and then later using the pieces for other things. I'm not that "creative", I'm "innovative". :lol:

I'm not sure I have a true "favorite" - it just depends on my mood. I swap around a lot to save my hands (and eyes) if for no other reason.

I've had to give up one or two crafts over time as they became too hard on my hands -- specifically what is now known as "lap weaving". It's a a loom that you wrap yarn over in different ways and knot where the strands intersect. It makes for very warm afghans but they're not fun to walk on -- they're lumpy!

Cross stitch is among my favorites and my mojo is back! I just haven't been in the mood for a long time but it's back now and I'm enjoying making a mouse-pad at the moment.

I also love beadwork -- no matter what the size of beads! I've done Indian beadwork (seed beads) and I've still got my biggest loom. I gave up the others -- you don't need that many of them. I also make beaded banners using pony beads (and mini-pony beads) as well other things with the various beads.

I love latch hooks but I have to be very cautious on how much I do of that. I get tendinitis in my thumbs from pulling on the knots!

Like Bea, I love crochet - mainly for afghans. I've got a full set of the steel hooks but rarely use them. I don't like the small crochet cotton - it's too hard on my eyes to even see the hook! I can knit but don't care as much for that.

I love reading and keeping track of my extensive ebook and physical book library. I have over 3650 ebooks and my total library is over 5000 books now. I mainly like Epic Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Science Fiction, and Alternative History. One of my favorite authors at the moment is L. E. Modesitt, Jr. His "Imager Portfolio" series is "can't put down" good!

Oh, yes. I can't forget one "hobby" - Computers! I love adding to them, using them, maintaining them ... Computers are no longer a luxury, they're a necessity!
There's no such thing as a stupid question!
Diane
daisy_lil2000

Postby daisy_lil2000 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:05 am

Cross stitch is my favorite hobby, I also do crocheting, afghans mostly, love the ripple pattern best, I also make "picture afghans" (not sure if that is the right name for them?) I have done a little knitting but not really into that too much. I do latch hook rugs on & off, have a dragon one waiting to be finished at the moment, it's only been waiting a couple of years! :lol: And last but not least I love to read too. :D
Julia
chrisy59

Postby chrisy59 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:39 am

i all so love cross stitch but i to like to sew and quilt i do a lot of sewwing doll clothes for barbie dolls i like to do histoy clothes i all so do crochet :P
WV_Shell

Postby WV_Shell » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:55 pm

I love to stitch. My DH will tell cross stitch is my addiction. :-bd I love to cook and bake : my family help with getting new toys for this hobbie :lol: . I like to sew and do other craft projects. Right now I am enjoying make different wreath for the house.
AnnieO

Postby AnnieO » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:47 pm

I am trying to re vitalise my machine sewing .This will assist me in finishing my stitching projects in different ways.
I have said for years that my machine and I are not 'on the same page' but lately I have so wanted something sewn on the machine that I'm making myself dig up those old skills.Right now I'm attempting to make a small Japanese
Omiyage bag.Time will tell.
My second love is still cooking...and that will continue.....my least loved necessity is housework :roll:
Great question.Great to hear what other members enjoy.
stitchcrazy

Postby stitchcrazy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:38 am

I do just about every needleart known to woman as well as acrylic, watercolor, and fabric painting, jewelry making, small woodworking, and sewing. Lately I have been knitting up a storm in preparation for the identical twin great-granddaughters that will be born sometime in the next 6 days. I have made a few things for their 3 year old big sister as well. I also crocheted a matching set of mermaid tail blanket/cocoons for the 3 of them.
I will probably go back to clothes for the 18" doll that will be a present next year (thanks Bea, a true enabler).
My cross stitch has been on the back burner for a while (though I have been busy collecting patterns) because I don't have any more space to put things, my walls are covered.
Liz

To err is human, to really foul things up takes a computer.
froggy

Postby froggy » Fri May 19, 2017 2:23 am

Cross stitch is one of my favorite hobbies and I usually have something going on. I knit now and then, but crochet eludes me (can't seem to get the hang of it). I love to read and have over 3500 books on my Kindle Fire. I an into bowling & on a team with my sister and daughter. In Jan 2015 I took up jogging/walking 5K races and so far have racked up 4 3rd places, 1 5th place and 2 6th places and I will be running another one this Sat (May20th).

On my cellphone I have a game called Panda Pop and am addicted to it. Have gotten my sister and daughter hooked on it too. That's about all I can think of for now.
@};- TERRI @};-

Life is fragile, handle with prayer.
Born to stitch - forced to work.
Beaj

Postby Beaj » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:26 pm

OOP:} I forgot to add Quilting. I have a Cricut Expression and so I can cut fabric shapes to use in quilting and also adhesive vinyl that I use for labeling ...for inside and outside.
I also still do some Plastic canvas articles...
My computer also allows me to work on this board ...as I did on EMS...but I also love playing Backgammon on line and have a collection of Hoyle games that I also enjoy. That's it for now WH_:{ @};-
" A laugh is a smile that bursts"
cocoray

Postby cocoray » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:15 pm

My daugter asked to me to sew a shirt .she chosed the fabric and thé modèl. ..and I made it
So I triéd to make a dress for my little daughter who is 18old months... and I made it. I want to do an another one It s cool.fun because thé model is little ;-)) so nice for baby girl on summer THU{}
Actually I am pleased to do sewing @};-
Corinne
« Apprends à écrire tes blessures dans le sable et à graver tes joies dans la pierre. »
http://album.aufeminin.com/album/157541 ... -0.html#p2

Return to “Other Hobbies”