Register
In order to login you must be registered. Registering takes only a few moments but gives you increased access to Members Forums. Before you register please ensure you are familiar with our terms of use and related policies. Please ensure you read any forum rules as you navigate around the board.

Pros and Cons of electronic books?

Moderators: stitchcrazy, Beaj, Louison, Birthe

Beaj

Re: Pros and Cons of electronic books?

Postby Beaj » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Diane...that's right...but I have both and I still like holding a book.. @};-
" A laugh is a smile that bursts"
DJ-H

Re: Pros and Cons of electronic books?

Postby DJ-H » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:33 pm

Great discussion!

I've used an e-reader for years. I save so much money and time checking books out from the library directly to my Kindle Paperwhite. I started with a Nook until it became difficult to download library books. I got DH started with my old Nook when we were going to travel to Germany. He was reading a large, heavy, thick book at the time and intended to take it with us. I suggested that he download it to my Nook so it was more compact and light weight. He's now using a Kindle, too.

My main complaint is that it is nearly as expensive to buy an e-book, but has so many more limitations around loaning or giving it away. For the limited availability to share it, it should cost much less. However, for library loaning, it is outstanding!
DJ-H
My Blog: Crafting is My Busy-Ness

❤¸.•*""*•.¸❤❤¸.•*""*•.¸❤ ❤¸.•*""*•.¸❤

Return to “Other Hobbies”