Register
In order to login you must be registered. Registering takes only a few moments but gives you increased access to Members Forums. Before you register please ensure you are familiar with our terms of use and related policies. Please ensure you read any forum rules as you navigate around the board.

Hello!

Moderators: Birthe, stitchcrazy, Beaj, Louison

dbrn

Hello!

Postby dbrn » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:56 am

I'm glad to find all of you. I tried to go back to the EMS board and was sad to learn it no longer exists. I had been a pretty regular visitor to the site and participated in several of the exchanges, but then I got a cat who had a tendency to eat string - he even swallowed a needle when I was working on an exchange project! He had to have multiple surgeries, and because he couldn't seem to control his thread addiction (and which of us can?), I stopped stitching. Unbelievably, another cat we got also turned out to be a string-eater!

I had a house fire in April and we lost everything including our six cats. I would have done anything to save them, but it was not to be. We're in a new home, trying to get settled in, and I thought that stitching might help me to relax a bit. I was glad to find this board and recognize so many names. I'm looking forward to getting back into my stitching addiction, but it will be a little sad to do so, because it makes me think of my sweet Nigel.

Anyway, I'm glad to find you, and I'm looking forward to "seeing" you all frequently!

dbrn
Deb in WV
Petitecroix

Re: Hello!

Postby Petitecroix » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:31 pm

:PI on the new board ! Hope everything is ok for you now. @};-
Solange

"tout ce qui est fait de grand dans ce monde est basé sur l'espoir"
Beaj

Postby Beaj » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi Deb and Welcome,
Glad you found us and we're glad to have you join us. So sorry for your loss and hope that stitching & old & new friends here will make it easier for you to enjoy your self again .If you need any help...just ask...you'll find everyone friendly and more than willing to help. @};- @};-
" A laugh is a smile that bursts"
daisy_lil2000

Postby daisy_lil2000 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:03 pm

Welcome Deb.

So sorry to hear about your house & kitties, maybe once you are settled in your new home you will give a loving home to another kitty?
Julia
Patricia

Postby Patricia » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:53 pm

Deb, welcome. So sorry to hear about your loses. I hope the ladies here will be an encouragement to you so you again will enjoy your cross stitching.
… Pat …
Please visit my PictureTrail album and feel free to leave a comment in the guestbook.
My PictureTrail Album
Jackie

Postby Jackie » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:55 pm

:PI Deb............Nice to meet you here! A new exchange is coming on next week, maybe we can see you there! Will be a christmas exchange! ;;}(
dbrn

Postby dbrn » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:38 pm

Thank you all for the well wishes. Despite great sorrow and loss, we have experienced blessings 10-fold. We have been amazed by the kindness and generosity of family, friends, and strangers. It's a tough way for my kids to learn the true value of community and service to others, but it's a lesson they'll never forget. We've also been very blessed to find a new home in such a short time, and thanks to the generosity of others, it's beginning to feel like home.

We adopted two beautiful cats before we were even in our new home. We weren't looking to find them, they found us, and they've integrated seamlessly into our family. A short time later, a homeless kitten came to join us as well. I'm putting my foot down this time, so we're at max capacity now for cats. I have to say though, I think having them has helped all of us to heal.

Again, thanks to all of you for the wonderful welcome. I do intend to participate in the exchanges when I've been here long enough, and I'm grateful to have found you. It's a great place to find inspiration to stitch again.

Deb

Return to “Introduce Yourself”